234,000 food orders are placed on this app every day, but most Americans still don't know about it
Grubhub Seamless, the online and mobile food ordering service company, now processes nearly a quarter-million (234,700) online food orders per day on average, according to its first quarter earnings last week. That's a 30% jump from the same quarter of last year, although it's a smaller growth than previous years.
As seen in the chart below, put together by BI Intelligence, Grubhub continues to grow its daily average order volume, but at a slowing pace. Its daily average order has nearly doubled in the last two years, but at the same time, its growth rate has dropped nearly 10 percentage points year-over-year.But investors seem to believe there's still huge upside. Although a recent Morgan Stanley survey revealed that nearly 80% of Americans - and 44% of New Yorkers - are clueless about Grubhub, the investment firm says "low penetration and consumer awareness could drive a 5x expansion in GRUB's user base."
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government