24 hours with the new Powerbeats Pro: These may be the perfect wireless headphones
Dave Smith/Business Insider
- Powerbeats Pro, the first truly wireless workout headphones from Beats, launched earlier this month.
- I've been using the Powerbeats Pro headphones for about 24 hours now, and I have some thoughts about my experience so far.
- I can definitely see Powerbeats Pro dethroning my current exercise headphones, but I'm not sure if they will become my "everyday" headphones like my AirPods are.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In late March, Apple blog 9to5Mac posted the first pictures of the upcoming Powerbeats Pro wireless headphones, which would eventually be released in the beginning of May.
Those photos of the yet-to-be-announced headphones generated lots of excitement online. It looked like Beats' version of AirPods: totally wireless, but built for exercise (and, presumably, people who like lots of bass in their music). I love my AirPods, so I was excited to try Powerbeats Pro.
Beats was kind enough to send me a review unit this week, and I've had about 24 hours with the wireless headphones so far.
Here are my first impressions of the Powerbeats Pro.
First of all, Powerbeats Pro are supremely comfortable. I feel like I can wear them for a long period of time, and never worry about them falling out of my ears.
The ear hooks are key.
Like other sports earbuds, Beats offers different-sized tips to accommodate most ear sizes. I like the default tips, though.
In terms of sound, Powerbeats Pro are very bass-heavy.
Powerbeats Pro can get very loud — way louder than AirPods — so you can hear lots of details in your music.
The charging case is well-built and intuitive, with magnets to snap the earbuds into place for charging.
I also like the Powerbeats Pro's on-board controls, which are conveniently on both earbuds and not just one.
Based on my brief experience with Powerbeats Pro, I've found they have some advantages, and disadvantages, when compared to AirPods.
So far, I'm thrilled about Powerbeats Pro. They're a pair of headphones that I can't wait to put on.
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round