25 colleges where students love life
College years are formative for young adults, so the extracurricular, recreational, and social opportunities offered by schools play an important role in the overall collegiate experience.
Business Insider included student-life rankings in its recent list of the 50 best colleges in America, drawing data from Niche, a company that compiles research on schools.
Niche assessed the social and community life of universities and provided letter grades based on factors like campus quality, diversity, party scene, student retention, safety, and athletics. (Read the full methodology here.)
To highlight the schools that students love attending, here are the 25 colleges with the highest student-life scores on Niche. Big state schools dominated the list, with the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and the University of Wisconsin at Madison earning the top three spots.
Read on to check out the full list.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%