25 of the top ZIP codes where rich millennials are snapping up homes across the US
Edward Berthelot/Getty Images
- Many millennials are buying homes later in life, but some millennials are already homeowners.
- To discover where rich millennials are choosing to buy homes, Trulia helped us find the most expensive ZIP codes with millennial homeowners.
- Many rich millennials own homes in the northeast, while others own homes out west.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Thanks to a more expensive real-estate market, the typical millennial is renting longer and buying later. But some rich millennials are ahead of the curve and have already achieved the homeownership milestone. But just where are these rich millennials living?
We teamed up with Trulia to find the most expensive ZIP codes with millennial homeowners. Using 2017 US Census data for households aged 25-34, Trulia looked at American ZIP codes within the top 10% of highest home values and top 10% of highest millennial homeownership rate. The latter refers to the percentage of millennials who own homes - as opposed to renting homes - in the ZIP. Only ZIP codes with at least 100 millennial-occupied housing units were considered for the purposes of this article.
Turns out, many rich millennials own homes in the northeast - ZIP codes in New York, Massachusetts, and New Jersey make the list several times. A few ZIP codes out west, in Colorado, California, and Washington, are also home to rich millennial homeowners.
See below for the top places where rich millennials own homes in the US. Note that this article is not a ranking.
98019: Duvall, Washington
48301: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
21146: Severna Park, Michigan
11566: Merrick, New York
02332: South Duxbury, Massachusetts
94517: Clayton, California
60022: Glencoe, Illinois
07458: Saddle River, New Jersey
94028: Portola Valley, California
07423: Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey
94506: Danville, California
20105: Aldie, Virginia
02420: Lexington, Massachusetts
22066: Great Falls, Virginia
63131: St. Louis, Missouri
07649: Oradell, New Jersey
02061: Norwell, Massachusetts
07922: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
10804: New Rochelle, New York
80007: Arvada, Colorado
10514: Chappaqua, New York
11024: Great Neck, New York
10532: Hawthorne, New York
07626: Cresskill, New Jersey
80908: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Here are the most popular emojis of 2021
- Poor demand for Star Health’s IPO forces investment bankers to cut down on promoter offerings; GMP at ₹10 discount
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- TSMC begins pilot production of 3nm chips; expected to power Apple's next generation processor
- Google Pixel Watch reportedly in the works, to arrive in 2022