27 actors who turned down huge role movie roles
Would a Han Solo who's not Harrison Ford be the same sarcastic hero every "Star Wars" fan cherishes? What would "Lord of the Rings" look like with Nicolas Cage in one of the main roles?
Characters become iconic thanks in large part to the actors who bring them to life, and it's often difficult to imagine anyone else in the role afterwards.
But some actors are fired from a role, some leave because of other commitments, and some just don't accept the offer. Some actors regret turning down a project, but others, like Jack Nicholson, know that it can be the right choice, no matter how popular or critically adored the film might become.
Keep reading to see the roles that could have been played by different actors.
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Meet Akash Ambani — new chairman of Reliance Jio and owner of Mumbai Indians
- Best apps for Instagram hashtags and captions
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1