27 high-paying jobs for people who love to read
- For those who love reading, there are plenty of jobs that require a lot of research and writing.
- Luckily, many of these positions are also high-paying - ranging from unsurprising jobs such as English professors to perhaps more unexpected careers, such as physicians.
- Using data from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), a US Department of Labor database, we looked at positions with a median annual salary of over $65,000 where reading comprehension is very important to the job.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Are you a self-proclaimed bookworm? Can you read quickly and comprehend every sentence you consume?Good news: your passion for books and excellent reading skills may help land you a lucrative job. Turns out there are a lot of high-paying professions out there that require strong reading comprehension skills.Advertisement
Business Insider recently combed through the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), a US Department of Labor database that compiles detailed information on hundreds of jobs, and looked at salary data on the US Bureau of Labor Statistics' website to find positions with a median annual salary of over $65,000 where reading comprehension is very important to the job. understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents" is in any job, assigning each a reading comprehension importance score between 1 and 100.
Here are 27 high-paying positions with a score of 80 or higher, in order of lowest to highest pay:
English language and literature professors
Labor Relations SpecialistsAdvertisement
Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
Climate Change Analysts
Philosophy and Religion Teachers, PostsecondaryAdvertisement
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
History Teachers, PostsecondaryAdvertisement
Molecular and cellular biologists
Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
Informatics Nurse Specialists
Education administrators (elementary and secondary school)Advertisement
Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing OfficersAdvertisement
Neuropsychologists and clinical neuropsychologists
Preventive medicine physiciansAdvertisement
Allergists and immunologists
Sports medicine physiciansAdvertisement
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19