27 people were injured after a light rail train derailed in California
- 27 people were injured and 13 transported to hospitals after a light rail train derailed in Sacramento, California.
- Authories said more than 30 firefighters responded to the derailment, which is under investigation. There were no fatalities, authorities said.
- Local news reports said the incident was possibly caused by a maintenance train colliding with the passenger train.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Authorities say more than two dozen people have been injured in a light rail train derailment in Northern California.Sacramento Fire Capt. Keith Wade says that 27 people were injured, including 13 people who were transported to hospitals. He said the remaining patients were treated at the scene and released.Advertisement
There were 15 ambulances at the site of the derailment, and more than 40 firefighters responded. Wade says it's the first time in his 19 years on the job that he's seen a train accident with such a high number of injuries. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
News outlets quoted a spokesperson for Sacramento Regional Transit as saying the derailment was the result of a collision between a passenger train and a maintenance train, but the cause is still under investigation.
Sacramento fire is on scene of what is being described as a train derailment west of the Winter Street light rail station. Total of 22 patients being reported. 2 with moderate injuries/ 20 walking wounded. 15 ambulances on scene for transport. pic.twitter.com/sGX93CnqB2
- Federal Bank Q4 profit falls 21 pc to Rs 301 cr
- A COVID-19 drug hackathon in India is inviting students to give it a shot
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day: Brands come forward to raise awareness
- No heat wave this weekend: Thurderstorm, squall to bring respite (Ld)
- IIT Alumni Council to set up mega lab in Mumbai to conduct 1-cr COVID-19 tests a month