3 American cities that use 100% renewable energy - and 7 that plan to join them within 20 years
Environmental group Sierra Club compiled a list of some of the US cities that are on track to becoming 100% powered by renewable energy in the next 20 years - including some that are already there.
The group defined renewable energy as "carbon- and pollution-free energy collected from renewable, sustainably harvested sources, such as wind, solar, hydro, tidal, and geothermal, as well as energy efficiency. Our definition does not include natural gas, nuclear, or any carbon-based energy source."
Here are the 10 cities that are committed to pulling it off.
- Heatwave is gone and heavy rainfall, hailstorms in the next 5 days — IMD issues alert
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Meta-owned Instagram rolls out exclusive ‘1 Minute Music’ tracks for reels in India