3 American cities that use 100% renewable energy - and 7 that plan to join them within 20 years
Environmental group Sierra Club compiled a list of some of the US cities that are on track to becoming 100% powered by renewable energy in the next 20 years - including some that are already there.The group defined renewable energy as "carbon- and pollution-free energy collected from renewable, sustainably harvested sources, such as wind, solar, hydro, tidal, and geothermal, as well as energy efficiency. Our definition does not include natural gas, nuclear, or any carbon-based energy source."Advertisement
Here are the 10 cities that are committed to pulling it off.
- COVID: ASI monuments in Delhi reopen for visitors, masks mandatory
- Assam's COVID-19 tally crosses 12,000-mark with 786 new cases
- Delhi Police sub-inspector donates plasma after recovering from COVID-19
- Rajasthan CM stresses on raising COVID awareness among people
- Delhi's COVID-19 tally crosses 1 lakh-mark with 1,379 fresh cases; death toll climbs to 3,115