3 mistakes I made when I started my company that I'll never make again
- Starting a business can feel like a daunting task, especially the first time around.
- There are a multitude of challenges to starting a business, and slip-ups like overworking and not tracking your financials can cost you greatly.
- Author Laura McCamy is a two-time entrepreneur who made costly mistakes with her first company that she made sure to avoid with her second company.
After I closed that business, I started a second enterprise as a freelance writer in 2013. The start of my two businesses couldn't have been more different.
Though I am grateful for everything I learned from my first business, I definitely didn't want to do things the same way the second time around.
Here are the mistakes I made when I started my first company:
1. I chose to do something because I thought I could make a lot of money, not because it was my passion
2. I didn't have a clear understanding of my business financials
3. I worked dangerously long hours
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons