3 ways technology can improve your business
In fact, a recent poll from Zogby Analytics shows that roughly one-third of small-business owners said new technology was their No. 1 investment priority for 2015.
If you're considering an investment of your own, here's how technology can make your small business better.
1. You can use a CRM to keep up with your customers.
Many small business owners use customer relationship management (CRM) systems to meticulously plan out their interactions with customers in record time. With a CRM, you can keep all of your customers' contact information in one place, alongside detailed information on the products they have purchased, the feedback they've given you, and the marketing materials you've shown them.
Keeping track of this makes it easier to offer outstanding customer service, as well as targeted marketing materials based on your customers' habits and preferences.
2. You can use a business intelligence platform to make smarter decisions.
Just because it's called "big data" doesn't mean it can't be effective for your small business. Business intelligence software allows you to automatically organize and analyze all of the various data points that make your company what it is; including sales information, pricing data, and supplier contracts.
These platforms are programmed to identify and report important information that gives you a valuable perspective on your company's health. Whether it's a notification that one of your salespeople is having an excellent year or a red flag that your profits are taking a nosedive in a specific market.
In short, this type of software takes the overwhelming amount of data your company generates each day and distills it into granular insights you can actually use to determine the course of your business.
3. You can use accounting software to manage your finances.
Keeping a close eye on income and cash flow is an integral part of managing a successful small business, but this process can quickly turn into a time suck if you don't have the right technology.
With Sage One's accounting software, you can access up-to-the-minute reports on where your business stands at all times. Sage One's easy-to-use user interface and simple setup make it easier than ever to invoice your customers and keep track of payments.
And unlike other products that make you jump through hoops just to figure out how your business is doing, a quick glance at the Sage One dashboard gives you all the information you need to stay on top of your finances.
This post is sponsored by Sage One.
Find out more about Sponsored Content.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government