34 best-selling wedding gifts from REI's registry -including bear-proof coolers and an annual National Parks Pass
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- A growing number of couples are waiting until later in life to get married, and many live together before they do so.
- Since they may not need - or want - traditional wedding gifts, REI just revamped its wedding registry to make it easier to gift adventure.
- Below are 34 of the top selling REI wedding registry gifts to give you an idea of what you may want to add.
- Right now, REI members get 20% off one full-price item, plus an extra 20% off one REI outlet item. This covers many of the gifts below. Use the code "MEMPERK2019" at checkout now through April 8 for the discount.
As more couples choose to get married later in life - and to live together beforehand - the fewer domestic trappings they will need from wedding guests.That reality, combined with a burgeoning prioritization of experiences rather than strictly material goods, makes seemingly alternative wedding registry options all the more appealing.
Take REI's wedding registry for instance, which the Co-op recently revamped to keep up with the desire to gift modern, outdoorsy couples both practical gifts and those handpicked for a shared adventure or many.
Here are a few of the perks to the new REI registry:
- No membership needed: Couples don't need to be REI members to make a registry, but we'd highly recommend it so you can stack the perks together.
- Shop anytime, anywhere: Purchase registry gifts online, over the phone, or in person at any REI store. You'll also get expert advice in-store and online if you're unfamiliar with something and want a second opinion or guiding light.
- In-store mobile scanning: Scan in-store items using your cell phone to add them directly to your registry. You can also do it online.
- Easy shipping: Most orders over $50 ship free - seeing as this is often the benchmark for wedding gifts, most guests won't have to pay at all for shipping.
- Return policy: In case you wind up with duplicates - or just have a change of heart - REI purchases can be returned within a year.
- Alerts on inventory level: You can receive alerts when inventory is low on an item, and when something is back in stock. Guests can also see inventory levels, so they can prioritize what to give.
- Extra savings on any un-purchased gifts: After your event, save 10% on any unfulfilled items from your registry.
- Feel-good gifts: A gift purchase from REI should benefit the long-term health of the outdoors, so you can keep enjoying them for longer. As a member-owned co-op, REI annually gives 70% of its profits back to the outdoor community through dividends to REI members, employee retirement, and investments in nonprofits dedicated to the outdoors.
To give you an idea of where you could begin with an REI wedding registry, I've compiled the 37 gifts most commonly purchased for a jumping off point. Whether you're shopping for your own registry ideas or for a supplement to a gift you already bought, you can't go wrong with the below. And, if all goes wrong, just get them a YETI cooler - according to the list below, your odds of them liking it are pretty good.
- Right now, REI members get 20% off one full-price item, plus an extra 20% off one REI outlet item. This covers many of the gifts below. Use the code "MEMPERK2019" at checkout now through April 8 for the discount. Sign up for a lifetime REI membership for $20 here.
We also have a comparison of some of the most popular wedding registries here, if you're still looking.
Below are 34 of REI's wedding registry top sellers for inspiration:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.