4 Countries That Wal-Mart Has Failed To Impress
Walmart Media Relations
But Wal-Mart hasn't been able to succeed in four major countries, reports Susan Berfield at Bloomberg Businessweek:
India. Wal-Mart faces several obstacles in India. This week, it cut ties with its Indian partner, Bharti Enterprises. The country would also require 30% of products to be sourced from small and medium Indian businesses, which the company called a "critical stumbling block," Berfield reports. The Indian government is also investigating Wal-Mart for allegedly violating foreign retail investment rules.
Russia. Wal-Mart spent six years trying to acquire a local chain, but ended up closing its Moscow office after failing to do so.
Germany. "Germans didn't like Walmart employees handling their groceries at the check-out line. Male customers thought the smiling clerks were flirting. And many Europeans prefer to shop daily at local markets," Berfield writes.
South Korea. Wal-Mart marketed items like electronics, when South Koreans prefer to spend their money on food and drinks, according to Businessweek.
View all Offers
- 66% OFF
Coirfit Jute Fabric Washable Cover Folding Sofa Cum Bed (Grey, 4' X 6' Feet)₹ 6649₹ 13635Buy On
- 7% OFF
@home by Nilkamal Walton TV Unit (Wenge)₹ 9969₹ 21900Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch Double Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x48x6)₹ 6629₹ 11332Buy On
- 32% OFF
Cello Novelty Plastic Big 2 Door Cupboard - Blue and Grey₹ 4789₹ 7020Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch King Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x72x6)₹ 8779₹ 16998Buy On
Wal-Mart's failures in four major countries shows there are some obstacles even the world's most powerful retailer can't overcome.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022