4 Hollywood stars who have made millions acting in Netflix movies, including a massive $250 million deal
- Hollywood stars can now strike huge deals with Netflix that rival those from traditional movie studios.
- Ryan Reynolds is getting paid $27 million for his upcoming Michael Bay movie, "Six Underground."
- Adam Sandler struck gold with a four-film, $250 million deal in 2014.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Actors don't get paid like they used to, and the days of them making $100 million for a single role - like Will Smith did on "Men in Black 3" - are over.But as traditional movie-star salaries have declined over time, Netflix salaries are on the rise. More and more Hollywood heavy hitters, from Smith to "Bird Box" star Sandra Bullock, are turning to Netflix because they can get paid just as much as, if not more than, they would for a Hollywood studio movie.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the biggest movie franchise of all time, and the longer its stars stick with it, the more they make. Brie Larson earned $5 million for "Captain Marvel," but Scarlett Johansson will earn $15 million for the upcoming solo Black Widow movie (her eighth MCU title). Robert Downey Jr received $75 million pay day for "Avengers: Endgame."It's good to note, however, that many actors get paid a percentage of box-office earnings, which Netflix does not have. But Netflix is proving to be a lucrative platform for actors.The greatest example of Netflix's willingness to invest in star power is Adam Sandler, who signed a four-film deal in 2014 worth $250 million (or $62.5 million a movie). And it signed him on for four more movies in 2017.
Here are four stars who have signed big deals with the streaming giant:
Ben Affleck — $8 million for "Triple Frontier"
Ryan Reynolds — $27 million for "Six Underground"Advertisement
Will Smith — $35 million for "Bright 2"
Adam Sandler — $250 million for four moviesAdvertisement
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining