4 ways Hasbro, Mattel, and other toy companies were whacked by Toys R Us' bankruptcy
- The bankruptcy of Toys R Us and closure of hundreds of its stores dealt a heavy blow to the nation's biggest toymakers.
- Losing one of their biggest customers weighed on sales and profits, shrunk their distribution, and lumped them with unpaid debt.
- Watch Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master, and Jakks Pacific trade live.
The bankruptcy of Toys R Us in September 2017 and closure of hundreds of its stores dealt a heavy blow to the nation's biggest toymakers.Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master, and Jakks Pacific suffered lower sales and profits, lost distribution, and stomached unpaid debts. Those impacts are detailed below.
Toymakers' sales suffered from the loss of a huge customer
The Toys R Us bankruptcy weighed on profitsAdvertisement
Toymakers' distribution plunged
Toy companies were lumped with unpaid debtsAdvertisement
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest