4 ways Hasbro, Mattel, and other toy companies were whacked by Toys R Us' bankruptcy
- The bankruptcy of Toys R Us and closure of hundreds of its stores dealt a heavy blow to the nation's biggest toymakers.
- Losing one of their biggest customers weighed on sales and profits, shrunk their distribution, and lumped them with unpaid debt.
- Watch Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master, and Jakks Pacific trade live.
The bankruptcy of Toys R Us in September 2017 and closure of hundreds of its stores dealt a heavy blow to the nation's biggest toymakers.Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master, and Jakks Pacific suffered lower sales and profits, lost distribution, and stomached unpaid debts. Those impacts are detailed below.Advertisement
Toymakers' sales suffered from the loss of a huge customer
The Toys R Us bankruptcy weighed on profitsAdvertisement
Toymakers' distribution plunged
Toy companies were lumped with unpaid debtsAdvertisement
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study
- SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi's term extended for a second time till February 2020
- Best Storage Solutions for Your Kids’ Toys