5 best reasons you should buy the Nintendo Switch
The new hybrid video game console from Nintendo is out now, and it's off to a strong start: The Switch is already Nintendo's fastest-selling game console.
- It's underpowered compared with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, both of which cost the same (or less, depending on the model).
- It has a paltry game library compared with the competition.
- Because of its lack of horsepower, major games released on multiple platforms (think: "Assassin's Creed," "Call of Duty," "Grand Theft Auto," etc.) won't ever come to the Switch.
1. The Nintendo Switch is remarkably fast, which is more important than you'd think.
Sleep Mode turns the Switch into a quickly-accessed game console.Advertisement
Even if you do have to shut down a game or the console itself, it restarts tremendously quickly.
Downloads are similarly fast and seamless, as they should be in 2017.Advertisement
2. The Switch easily, quickly fit into my life.
3. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is one of the best games I've played in years.Advertisement
4. Being an in-game photographer is easier than ever.
More than just screenshots, the Switch enables you to turn those images into something silly and shareable.Advertisement
5. And finally, crucially, the Switch is affordable at $299.
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days