5 best reasons you should buy the Nintendo Switch
The new hybrid video game console from Nintendo is out now, and it's off to a strong start: The Switch is already Nintendo's fastest-selling game console.
Like so many things lately, the Switch's success comes as a surprise to experts in the field - the $299 console isn't very competitive on paper, and it wasn't a guaranteed success in concept. Advertisement
- It's underpowered compared with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, both of which cost the same (or less, depending on the model).
- It has a paltry game library compared with the competition.
- Because of its lack of horsepower, major games released on multiple platforms (think: "Assassin's Creed," "Call of Duty," "Grand Theft Auto," etc.) won't ever come to the Switch.
1. The Nintendo Switch is remarkably fast, which is more important than you'd think.
Sleep Mode turns the Switch into a quickly-accessed game console.Advertisement
Even if you do have to shut down a game or the console itself, it restarts tremendously quickly.
Downloads are similarly fast and seamless, as they should be in 2017.Advertisement
2. The Switch easily, quickly fit into my life.
3. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is one of the best games I've played in years.Advertisement
4. Being an in-game photographer is easier than ever.
More than just screenshots, the Switch enables you to turn those images into something silly and shareable.Advertisement
5. And finally, crucially, the Switch is affordable at $299.
- Best yoga mats
- IndiGo to raise ₹4,000 crore through stake sale
- Supreme Court adjourns AGR case hearing to August 14
- ICICI Bank sets floor price for QIP at ₹351.36 per share — to decide on allotment on August 14
- McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now