5 confirmed 'Star Wars' projects are coming after 'The Rise of Skywalker' - here are all the details
- "Star Wars" movies are going on hiatus after "The Rise of Skywalker," but there are two original live-action TV series in the works for Disney Plus.
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that "The Last Jedi" director Rian Johnson and "Game of Thrones" showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are still developing their own series of films.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
"Star Wars" movies are going on hiatus after this year's "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker," but fans can still expect plenty of content to come.
Disney's upcoming streaming service, Disney Plus, will not only include the entire collection of "Star Wars" movies, but new original titles. The first live-action "Star Wars" TV show, "The Mandalorian," will be available at launch on November 12, and more original series will follow.
Disney Plus will have to satisfy fans for the time being, as new "Star Wars" movies won't make it to theaters for some time. After "Solo: A Star Wars Story" disappointed at the box office, failing to crack even $400 million worldwide, Disney CEO Bob Iger said to expect a "slowdown."
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy reiterated Iger's point during "Star Wars" Celebration over the weekend. Kennedy told Entertainment Weekly that the "Star Wars" movies are "going to take a hiatus for a couple of years."
"We're not just looking at what the next three movies might be, or talking about this in terms of a trilogy," Kennedy said. "We're looking at: What is the next decade of storytelling?"
But Kennedy did confirm that "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" director Rian Johnson and "Game of Thrones" showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are still working on their own sets of films, and even coordinating with each other. We don't know whether these movies will be released in theaters or head straight to Disney Plus, though.
"As they finish 'Game of Thrones,' they're going to segue into 'Star Wars,'" Kennedy said of Benioff and Weiss. "They're working very closely with Rian."
Below are more details on all the "Star Wars" projects in the works for after December's "The Rise of Skywalker":
Cassian Andor "Rogue One" spin-off series
"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" season 7
Rian Johnson's film trilogy
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss' series of films
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World