5 habits of CEOs that make them surprisingly ordinary people
1. Not all senior leaders show up in finely tailored suits like "30 Rock's" Jack Donaghy.
In fact, only one in five CEOs and senior leaders wear a business suit into the office. The majority - 57% - wear business casual clothing, and 18% regularly wear jeans.
2. Miranda Priestly of "The Devil Wears Prada" is an exception with her chauffeured town car. Only 3% of executives are chauffeured into the office. While the majority drive themselves, 18% choose a more environmentally friendly option - including public transportation, driving hybrids, walking, or riding a bike.
3. Most bosses don't keep expensive booze around like "Mad Men's" Don Draper.
The survey reported that 62% of CEOs and senior leaders choose not to drink alcohol at company happy hours - they opt for soda (23%), water (19%), coffee (13%), or nothing at all (7%).
4. It's not just interns packing their lunch.Nearly half (42%) of CEOs and senior leaders typically bring a bag lunch from home, and only 14% are eating at a sit-down restaurant during their lunch hour.
5. CEOs aren't working around the clock.Most executives - 67% - work less than 50 hours per week, and 9% reported working fewer than 40 hours each week.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar