5 habits of CEOs that make them surprisingly ordinary people
Here are five things that may surprise you about those commanding the corner office:
1. Not all senior leaders show up in finely tailored suits like "30 Rock's" Jack Donaghy.
In fact, only one in five CEOs and senior leaders wear a business suit into the office. The majority - 57% - wear business casual clothing, and 18% regularly wear jeans.
2. Miranda Priestly of "The Devil Wears Prada" is an exception with her chauffeured town car. Only 3% of executives are chauffeured into the office. While the majority drive themselves, 18% choose a more environmentally friendly option - including public transportation, driving hybrids, walking, or riding a bike.
3. Most bosses don't keep expensive booze around like "Mad Men's" Don Draper.
The survey reported that 62% of CEOs and senior leaders choose not to drink alcohol at company happy hours - they opt for soda (23%), water (19%), coffee (13%), or nothing at all (7%).
4. It's not just interns packing their lunch.Nearly half (42%) of CEOs and senior leaders typically bring a bag lunch from home, and only 14% are eating at a sit-down restaurant during their lunch hour.
5. CEOs aren't working around the clock.Most executives - 67% - work less than 50 hours per week, and 9% reported working fewer than 40 hours each week.Advertisement
- 3 including CRPF jawan test COVID-19 positive in Himachal Pradesh, tally stands at 1,144
- 13 more test COVID-19 positive in Chandigarh, tally reaches 536
- Maha reports biggest one-day spike of 7,862 COVID-19 cases
- Three more COVID-19 deaths in Haryana, infection count nears 20K
- 2,089 fresh COVID-19 cases take Delhi's tally to 1,09,140; death toll climbs to 3,300