5 micellar waters I relied on to cleanse my face when I couldn't get my eyebrows wet after microblading
- In preparation for my wedding and a lifetime of laziness, I decided to get my eyebrows microbladed by Piret Aava in New York City, otherwise known as the Eyebrow Doctor.
- The hour-long process involves tattooing semi-permanent pigment into my brows to define their shape and fill in sparse areas. For two weeks afterward as the brows heal, you're not supposed to get them wet.
- Since I couldn't wash my face normally with water and cleanser, I went through several bottles of micellar water instead to feel like a normal person.
- Here are my reviews of the five I used, from drugstore staples to a cult-favorite French brand that sells a bottle every two seconds around the world.
After I went to Aava Piret in New York City to get my brows microbladed before my wedding in August, I was in love with my newfound brows. I mean, I actually had brows. They were defined and full, and I couldn't wait to see how they'd look after they healed.But I wasn't in love with the fact that I couldn't really wash my face properly as the brows healed in the weeks after the treatment. I wasn't supposed to get the brows wet so I had to be really careful washing my eyes or forehead. After giving myself a headache trying to figure out how to do it, I decided that using micellar water was the best way. Advertisement
I've used micellar waters on and off as part of my usual double-cleansing routine, but I usually follow up with a second cleanser. Since I couldn't use a cleanser anymore, I had to rely on some well-reviewed bottles and cult favorites instead. Every morning and night, I'd soak two cotton pads with micellar water and sweep them over my face to get every trace of oil, dirt, makeup, and general grimy-ness.
Surprisingly, my paranoia of not being able to fully wash my face was just all in my head as my skin felt clean every time, and I didn't get any breakouts from clogged pores or leftover dirt and oil. Maybe I'll keep using micellar water after my brows are done healing.
Here are the five micellar waters I used while my microbladed brows healed:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Bioderma Sensibio H2o Micellar Water
Vichy Pureté Thermale One Step Micellar Cleansing WaterAdvertisement
Son and Park Beauty Water
Dr. Jart + Dermaclear Micro WaterAdvertisement
Yes to Cucumbers Calming Micellar Cleansing Water,
- Over 12,000 COVID-19 tests in last 4 days in Noida
- Complete lockdown in Patna from July 10-16 as COVID-19 cases surge
- COVID-19: HC dismisses interim bail plea of Jigisha murder convict for being HIV positive
- Nepal reports 255 new coronavirus cases
- TVS extends customer service support amid COVID-19 crisis