50 haunting photos of abandoned shopping malls around the US
- American malls are closing all over the US.
- A report done by Credit Suisse estimates that 20% to 25% of malls would shutter over the next five years, largely because of store closures.
- In 2017, 6,400 stores closed - a further 3,600 are expected to close in 2018.
- These photos show how malls were forced to shutter as key anchors such as Sears and Macy's left.
Retail complexes all over the US are being clobbered by store closures sweeping the country.
American malls are dying out.
A national retail apocalypse has crippled US malls as anchor stores such as Macy's and Sears, which take up large retail spaces and drive foot traffic, have shuttered stores and left malls with enormous gaps to fill.For many malls, this is an impossible task.
Take a look at some of these haunting photos below that show home badly America's malls have been hit:
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down