50 startups that will boom in 2018, according to VCs
Who better to ask than the startup experts, the VCs that watch the industry, guide the startups, hear their pitches, and invest in them?We reached out to a number of top VCs and asked them which startups will boom in 2018. We invited participation from investors from a variety of backgrounds and investing philosophies. This includes some of the top VCs in the Valley (Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Bessemer, Greylock Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia).Advertisement
We included VCs of note who specialize in seed and early rounds (8VC, Bloomberg Beta, BBG Ventures - which backs startups with at least one female founder.) We also asked some top VCs from the startup nation Israel (JVC, OurCrowd) and VCs that have been known for picking hits (like IVP's Somash Dash).
We asked them to name a company they've backed that's on track to have a great 2018. After all, they believed in those companies so much they invested. But we also asked them to name another startup they think is cool that they don't have any financial interest in.As startup lovers, they gave us this list chock full of amazing up-and-comers creating tech for businesses, gamers, personalized health, robots, high-tech money, new forms of super computers, and even outer space.
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 7pm
- Allow co-operative, pvt, foreign banks employees to use suburban trains as well: Unions
- Banks disburse over Rs 50,000 cr loans to MSMEs under credit guarantee scheme
- 2 boys promise 7-year-old girl coronavirus cure, rape her
- U'khand: Panel formed to provide inputs for containing COVID-19 spread