6 resale sites that help you declutter your life and make some money while you're at it
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Do your belongings spark joy? That's what Marie Kondo is asking people to consider when they try to declutter their lives.
- This method of organization has gotten a lot of buzz, and there's definitely something to be said about the power of a tidy space.
- If you have a lot of stuff, decluttering can do more than just make you more organized - it can also make you money.
- Here are six reputable sites you can go to when you want to get rid of some old stuff and get paid for it.
As a perpetually messy person, tidying up is always on my agenda, and decluttering is usually where I try to start. I say "try" because my attempts almost always fail. When it comes down to it, I have trouble getting rid of things. I get attached to material items, saving them for sentimentality's sake or with the hopes that one day I'll put them to better use. What I end up with is cluttered drawers full of old gadgets, clothes I don't really care for anymore, and other odds and ends I never got around to tossing.
My messy mindset may be why I've been so drawn to the buzzing world of Marie Kondo, who offers some unique insight on how to get organized for good. One of the main tenants of Kondo's famous KonMari method is to only keep items that spark joy. While this might mean something different for everyone, the general idea is that if something you own doesn't make you happy, you should get rid of it.But just because something doesn't spark joy for you anymore doesn't mean that it won't make someone else happy. More importantly, there are probably a lot of people that would pay good money for some of your stuff. So, if you have a bunch of old stuff lying around, there's no better time than right now to start digging through and seeing what you could get rid of. And, if the feeling of being tidy isn't enough incentive, you can actually make some serious money selling your old things online.
Here are six reputable sites where you can get rid of your old stuff and make some money in the meantime:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luxury Garage SaleAdvertisement
- SpaceX sends 2 NASA astronauts to ISS in historic mission (2nd Ld)
- NASA and SpaceX blast off to space station
- Assam crosses 1,200-mark in COVID-19 with 159 new cases
- Nine deaths take Rajasthan's COVID-19 toll to 193; total cases 8,617
- Coronavirus cases cross 300-mark in Himachal as 18 more test positive; 24 recover