6 things hiring managers care about more than anything else
The most important qualification when recruiting candidates for executive or office positions is work experience, according to a recent report released by Universum, a global research and advisory firm.
The 2020 Outlook survey is based on over 2,000 interviews across 18 countries of CEOs, hiring managers, employer branding managers, and marketing managers.
"We are moving more towards a meritocracy society where you are measured on your accomplishments rather than your grades and school of choice," explained Petter Nylander, Universum's CEO. "Recruiting individuals based on specific skills is less important than recruiting someone with great potential."
Coming in a close second place was personality profile. Organizations are starting to prioritize more ambiguous success factors such as personality and fit over the traditional measures of competence.
Here are the full results:
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Now, tourists from G20 countries will get to use UPI instead of cash in India