6 things only New Yorkers say, according to linguists
Abbie Parr / Stringer
From Barbara Streisand to Al Pacino, Bernie Sanders to Donald Trump, New Yorkers have made their legendary dialect the most recognizable in North America, according to sociolinguist William Labov.But it's more than just "fuhgeddaboutit" and "yuuuge" that set New York English apart - there are more subtle features in a New Yorker's speech that could clue you into where they come from.
Read on for six things you'll only hear in New York.
- Best smartphones under ₹20,000 in India
- From You’re Worth It to Stand up, how L’Oréal Paris’ communication has empowered women over the years
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present and Future
- Ola loses another founding member as Pranay Jivrajka leaves the ride-hailing giant
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 9