6 ways to get your iPhone out of 'headphone mode' if it's stuck in it
- You can usually get your iPhone out of headphone mode by simply unplugging or disconnecting your headphones.
- But your iPhone can occasionally get stuck in headphone mode, making your device believe headphones are plugged in even when they're not, and muting the speakers.
- There are several methods you can try to get your iPhone out of headphone mode, including restarting your phone, and cleaning your headphone jack.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you own an iPhone, you've probably used it to listen to music through headphones on your commute home from work, or while using the treadmill at the gym. And generally, as soon as you unplug the headphones, your iPhone will start routing music back through the speakers.
But sometimes, your iPhone can get confused and continue to operate as if headphones are plugged in even when they're not.
This error is particularly frustrating since, while your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode, you'll be unable to play sounds through the phone's loudspeaker.
There are several reasons this might be happening, however, and just as many possible fixes for the issue. Below are a few methods you should try to get your iPhone out of headphone mode.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Plug in a pair of headphones and unplug them again
Restart your phone
Clean your headphone jack
Turn off Bluetooth
Check for water damage
Contact Apple for further support
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- Rate hike to affect housing demand in the mid and affordable segments, say experts
- Alert in south coastal Andhra for cyclone 'Mandous'
- IPL to KGF Chapter 2 to FIFA World Cup, here are the top Google searches in India in 2022
- Dharmaj Crop Guard lists at 12% premium but below grey market expectations
- Adobe lays off 100 employees, says 'not doing company-wide layoffs'
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World