IIM-C students see a dramatic jump in salaries after an MBA
- All of IIM Calcutta’s MBAEx students were placed on the campus this year.
- On domestic job roles, the highest offer extended was reportedly at ₹12.5 million.
- The salary of the 2019 MBAEx batch recorded a 104% increase, in comparison to their pre-MBA salaries.
And, they are drawing good salaries too. The average salary of the 2019 batch is 10% higher than the last. Amazon, Accenture, Swiggy, Sapient and Ford were some of the companies which hired the students.
On domestic job roles, the highest offer extended was at ₹12.5 million, which is 40% higher than last year’s highest salary.
The executive MBA programme allows students to transition to top management roles. It looks like their efforts have paid off. The salary packages they received are 104% higher than their pre-MBA salaries, NDTV reported citing an institute official.
"After spending close to 9 years in diverse domains, I was looking to fastrack my progression to top management. This course has been a transformative experience," Prashant Sharma, an MBAEx alumnus told NDTV.
Overall, it has been a good year for India’s B-school pass outs. Students of IIM Kozhikode, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade(IIFT) Delhi, Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon reportedly received ₹ 2 million as starting pay, on an average.
The rise in pay could be due to companies striving to hire quality talent which they apparently find only at premium b-schools, said Ketan Kapoor, Co- founder, Mettl.
Consulting firms Accenture, BCG dominate campus placements at India’s B-schools this year
These core subjects are the biggest winners in IIT-Delhi's record campus placement season
India’s B-schools are seeing higher salary packages for graduates — and it’s not just IIMs
- 70-year-old woman dies due to COVID-19 in HP, toll rises to 10
- More than 4,000 coronavirus tests in F1 prove negative
- PM pitches for Atmanirbhar App ecosystem, says IT is tackling disruption brought about by COVID-19
- COVID-19 patient kept in ambulance for one day for want of bed
- Tamil Nadu government extends complete lockdown in Madurai till July 12