61 firms get show cause notices for FDI. Wait till you hear the names
The Directorate of Enforcement has issued show cause notices to as many as 61 firms. This includes illustrious names in the industry like Emaar MGF Land, Sahara India Commercial Corp and McDonald's India for violation of FDI norms over three years.
"The Directorate has issued show cause notices on 61 companies for contravention of FDI norms during the last three financial years and the current financial year,"
Other companies found guilty include Libero Sports India, Risco Impex Co, Swift Chemicals, Salem Steel Industries, Spring Technologies and Westcot Hotels. The directorate probes companies under Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA) to detect violations FDI norms. Such cases are referred by the RBI to the
India attracted nearly $9.45 billion FDI during April-May this fiscal.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Samsung may skip in-box phone chargers from early next year
- Gangster Vikas Dubey arrested in Ujjain
- Sit with colleagues in same room with Microsoft Teams, share emojis
- How Duroflex managed to expand its retail presence during the lockdown when the brandverse shied away from it
- How to monetize on your brand communications during and after the pandemic?