7 New York City sandwiches that are famous on Instagram
Instagram.com/nycdiningNot all sandwiches are created equal.
You have your basic deli sandwiches, and then you have your distinguished masterpieces that leave you crying when you get to the last bite.
The latter don't make appearances at afternoon tea or school cafeterias. They are made using only the finest ingredients and are famous on Instagram.
Allow us to introduce you to seven such wonders...
The Nettle Neck
Where you get it: Untamed Sandwiches (43 W. 39th St.)
What you pay: $16
What you get: Succulent braised lamb neck and Gruyere cheese topped with walnut nettle pesto, pickled spring onions, and charred onion tops, served on a 7-inch Ciabatta roll.
The Nova Scotia Lobster Roll
Where you get it: The Lambs Club (132 W. 44th St.)
What you pay: $44
What you get: 1.25 pounds of butter-poached lobster drizzled with mustard aioli on a split-top brioche bun.
The Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Where you get it: Center Bar (The Shops at Columbus Circle, 10 Columbus Circle)
What you pay: $19
What's in it: Melted Fontina Val d'Aosta cheese with fig relish and black truffle butter on country bread.
The Pancetta, Egg, and Avocado Sandwich
What you pay: $14
What's in it: Exactly what you'd think: pancetta, egg, and creamy avocado served on a poppy seed croissant with almond paste.
The Rocket Pig Sandwich
Where you get it: Rocket Pig (463 W. 24th St.)
What you pay: $14
What's in it: Smoked, spice-rubbed pork with red onion jam and mustard sauce on a ciabatta roll.
The Crispy Market Fish "BLTA" Sandwich
Where you get it: Chalk Point Kitchen (527 Broome St.)
What you pay: $17
What's in it: Crispy market fish, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and organic buttermilk-dill sauce on a crispy ciabatta roll.
The Breakfast Sandwich
Where you get it: Bar Sardine (183 W. 10th St.)
What you pay: $12
What's in it: Baked egg, smoked chicken meatballs, Gruyere cheese, and jalapeños layered on a brioche bun.
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock