7 back-to-school supplies you should be ordering in bulk - and where to get the best prices on them
- Back-to-school season is upon us. If you're the parent of a school-age child, or are still in school yourself, chances are you're in the thick of back-to-school shopping.
- Buying certain products in bulk is a great way to save money and make sure you don't have to do multiple school supply shopping trips.
- From pencils to folders, we rounded up 7 products you should buy in bulk this back-to-school season and where to get the best prices.
Growing up, I always looked forward to going back to school. Not just for the classes, but for the shopping trip that would come before the first day. A fresh set of colorful gel pens, stickers to personalize my folders and notebooks, erasers galore - back-to-school shopping always made me more excited for the school year ahead.Now it's back-to-school season for students (and their parents) which means there are lots of school supplies to be picked up. Luckily, there are plenty of retailers running back-to-school sales and making it even easier, and more affordable, to do your school-year shopping.Advertisement
Another way to save money and shop more efficiently is by buying some supplies in bulk. Chances are if you don't use them all this year, you'll use them the next. When I was in school, my mom always kept extra school supplies in the closet, so if my siblings or I ever came to need them, we wouldn't have to make a trip to the store - we could just take from the stockpile we already had. This came in handy often, particularly when it came to finishing up last-minute projects that required a lot of supplies.
Saving time, money, and trips to the store are all benefits of buying in bulk, and luckily, there are lots of places to do it. We perused Staples, Amazon, Boxed, and Walmart to see which had the best prices on bulk school supplies.When choosing where to do your back-to-school bulk shopping, there are a few factors to consider. For example, if you're an Amazon Prime member, buying off Amazon may be a no-brainer for sheer convenience. Walmart is offering competitive shipping options, too, with free next-day delivery on orders of $35 or more. Boxed offers wholesale prices without the need for a membership, and Staples has back-to-school promotions and other benefits that may bring the cost of your overall order down. That being said, from our selection, Amazon and Boxed offered most of the best prices.
Keep reading for seven school supplies you should buy in bulk, and where to get the best prices:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Ticonderoga #2 Pencils
BIC Round Stic PensAdvertisement
Mead 2-Pocket FoldersAdvertisement
Sharpie Permanent Markers
Mead Composition NotebooksAdvertisement
Tops Three-Ring Binders
- Mobile Premier League gets $90 million in funding to take on the IPL rush
- From a Navy warship to possibly flying the Rafale – women officers take the lead in India’s defense
- Xiaomi's Mi Store on Wheels takes the retail experience to small cities and towns
- Facebook captures the connections and possibilities that open up when people come together in its IPL ad
- IOC bets big on petrochemicals, forward integration into textile business