7 Dustin Hoffman accusers thanked John Oliver in an open letter for confronting the actor about alleged sexual misconduct
- Seven women who have accused Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct signed an open letter thanking John Oliver for confronting him.
- "While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most," they wrote in the letter.
Seven women who have accused Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct signed on open letter thanking John Oliver for confronting the actor over his alleged behavior.
Oliver brought up the allegations against Hoffman earlier this month at a panel discussion with the actor for the 20th anniversary of "Wag the Dog." The exchange between Oliver and Hoffman went viral as the two went back and forth about the allegations.
A few days ago, Oliver spoke for the first time about his confrontation with Hoffman, saying, "It didn't really go anywhere constructive, so the whole thing just made me feel sad."
The women who have accused Hoffman have a different take.
"We want to thank you for confronting Dustin Hoffman," the letter from the women says. "While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most."
Here's the entire letter sent out from the Twitter account of Anna Graham Hunter, who was the first woman to come forward with allegations against Hoffman in a guest column in The Hollywood Reporter. In the column, she alleged that Hoffman groped and sexually harassed her on the set of the 1985 movie "Death Of A Salesman" when she was 17.
Hoffman addressed Hunter's account specifically in his exchange with Oliver.
"First of all, it didn't happen the way she reported," Hoffman said to Oliver during the panel. "I still don't know who this woman is. I never met her. If I met her, it was in concert with other people." (Hoffman and his representatives have denied some of the other allegations against him as well.)
Thank you @iamjohnoliver for confronting Dustin Hoffman. While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most. @nykass @corithyme @MelissaKester + 3 others pic.twitter.com/WeenZP5jck- Anna Graham Hunter (@annaghunter) December 27, 2017
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB