7 Dustin Hoffman accusers thanked John Oliver in an open letter for confronting the actor about alleged sexual misconduct
- Seven women who have accused Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct signed an open letter thanking John Oliver for confronting him.
- "While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most," they wrote in the letter.
Seven women who have accused Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct signed on open letter thanking John Oliver for confronting the actor over his alleged behavior.
Oliver brought up the allegations against Hoffman earlier this month at a panel discussion with the actor for the 20th anniversary of "Wag the Dog." The exchange between Oliver and Hoffman went viral as the two went back and forth about the allegations.
A few days ago, Oliver spoke for the first time about his confrontation with Hoffman, saying, "It didn't really go anywhere constructive, so the whole thing just made me feel sad."
The women who have accused Hoffman have a different take.
"We want to thank you for confronting Dustin Hoffman," the letter from the women says. "While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most."
Here's the entire letter sent out from the Twitter account of Anna Graham Hunter, who was the first woman to come forward with allegations against Hoffman in a guest column in The Hollywood Reporter. In the column, she alleged that Hoffman groped and sexually harassed her on the set of the 1985 movie "Death Of A Salesman" when she was 17.
Hoffman addressed Hunter's account specifically in his exchange with Oliver.
"First of all, it didn't happen the way she reported," Hoffman said to Oliver during the panel. "I still don't know who this woman is. I never met her. If I met her, it was in concert with other people." (Hoffman and his representatives have denied some of the other allegations against him as well.)
Thank you @iamjohnoliver for confronting Dustin Hoffman. While the questions you asked may not have led to the constructive conversation you hoped for, the fact that you asked them at all is what matters most. @nykass @corithyme @MelissaKester + 3 others pic.twitter.com/WeenZP5jck- Anna Graham Hunter (@annaghunter) December 27, 2017
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Best gaming laptop under ₹100,000
- Thackeray-led party is the 'only' Shiv Sena says Raut after legislature makes Shinde the head
- Lalu Prasad hospitalized again after a fall from the stairs
- India is committed to taking care of its army veterans says Ambassador Sandhu
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India