7 easy ways to save money on a cruise vacation
- Going on a cruise can be a value-packed vacation option if you plan carefully.
- We asked a cruise expert for her best travel hacks to save you money on your next cruise vacation.
- Read her seven best pieces of advice below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
But between flying to your departure city and dealing with the inflated prices of peak travel season, it's easy to spend more money than you need to on your vacation.
Experienced cruisers sometimes wait for last-minute cabins, plan a cruise they can drive to, or book sailings during off-peak times of year when demand drops.We asked Colleen McDaniel, editor in chief of the review site Cruise Critic, for her best travel hacks for saving money on a cruise vacation.
Here are seven of her best tips to enjoy your next cruise for less money.
Be flexible with travel plans
Wait until about three months before you want to sail to book your travelAdvertisement
Book a repositioning cruise
Choose your home port wiselyAdvertisement
Try and snag free airfare and other perks
Plan to fly in the day before you cruiseAdvertisement
Use reward points to sail
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19