7-Eleven is giving away free Slurpees. Here's how to get some.
Shoshy Ciment/Business Insider
- 7-Eleven is giving away free Slurpees on July 11 - 7/11 - from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- In addition to getting a free small Slurpee in stores on Thursday, customers can redeem a free Slurpee on the chain's app.
- Customers can get a third free Slurpee if they order 7-Eleven delivery via the chain's 7NOW app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
7-Eleven is giving away free Slurpees on 7/11.On Thursday, July 11, 7-Eleven is giving away free small Slurpee beverages from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The chain plans to give away roughly 9 million free Slurpees across the US.
And, customers can get a third free Slurpee - this one a medium size - by placing a 7-Eleven delivery order through the 7NOW delivery app on July 12. 7NOW delivery is free for the first three orders.July 11 has become 7-Eleven's busiest day of the year, according to the company. The chain began offering free Slurpees to celebrate its birthday in 2002, and has continued the tradition every year since. "Since inventing convenience retailing in 1927, 7-Eleven has continued innovating on behalf of customers for more than 92 years," 7-Eleven CEO Joe DePinto said in a statement.
"Fifty years ago, that meant introducing America to Slurpee, 7-Eleven's beloved brand," DePinto continued. "Today, our customer obsession drives digital innovation, like our 7Rewards loyalty app, scan and pay mobile checkout, under 30-minute delivery with the new 7NOW app, and product innovations like Nitro Cold Brew Coffee, Roamer canned wine, cold-pressed juices, hot entrees and many more."
NOW WATCH: Why bonsai trees are so expensive
- New tool spots to identify security and privacy issues with COVID-19 tracing apps
- Countdown begins for PSLV rocket's one of longest missions
- Cisco partners with Nasscom and AICTE to offer 20,000 virtual internships in cybersecurity
- Facebook launches TikTok-like app for creating, sharing raps
- Landslides close down Jammu-Srinagar highway