7-Eleven may make India foray with Future Group: Report
7-Elevenis the world’s largest convenience store chain with 66,000 small format stores across 17 countries.
- Its entry into India will likely intensify competition among new franchises in the Indian retail sector
AdvertisementUS convenience store chain 7-Eleven is in talks to enter India in partnership with
US-based 7-Eleven is the world’s largest convenience store chain with 66,000 stores across 17 countries.
The deal may include Future Group operating as a master franchisee for the ‘small format’ convenience stores, according to the report.
Future Group operates 1,444 stores in India under the brand name ‘Easy Day’, ‘Heritage Retail’ and Nilgiri’s. The majority of its stores are large format.
7-Eleven’s parent is
Mukesh Ambani may be the surprise winner from India's new rules hurting Amazon and Walmart
A US footwear brand has bagged a deal in India that Amazon wanted
Popular on BI
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend