7 hidden fees that will make your cruise more expensive than you thought
- Your cruise fare most likely includes meals, accommodations, and entertainment, but you will probably encounter some hidden fees and unexpected charges, too.
- Surprise gratuity fees and drink packages with unexpected catches can quickly add up and make your vacation more expensive than you thought.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On an all-inclusive cruise, your fare will include meals, accommodations, and some entertainment options.
But that doesn't even begin to cover all the money you'll actually spend on your vacation.
While all-inclusive cruises can offer passengers great value, there are some hidden and unexpected fees that can catch cruisers off-guard and quickly make a dent in their wallets, including surprise gratuity fees and drink packages that come with a catch.
Whether you're a new cruiser or have sailed for years, be on the lookout for these fees which may surprise you at the end of your trip.
Here are some fees that you may not realize you'll have to pay on your next cruise.
Drink packages with sneaky fees
Taxes, port charges, and customs fees
Room service and specialty dining restaurants
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others
- Electronic manufacturing services firm Avalon Technologies’ ₹865 crore IPO to open on April 3
- Sky gazers in for celestial treat tonight with 5 planets forming an arc
- Sensex, Nifty close marginally down in volatile trade
- After disappointing 2022, wind industry to expect record installations over the next three years: GWEC report