7 of the biggest myths about beer debunked
Beer might be one of the most popular beverages in the world, and one of the best times to drink it is on a hot summer day.
The delightful drink has been around for thousands of years, and some argue that it sparked the domestication of grain that was essential for our transition from hunting and gathering societies to agricultural civilizations. But beer is also commonly misunderstood.
Even regular beer drinkers will frequently cite myths about how a beer gets skunked or how many calories are in dark beers. In honor of July 4 - an excellent beer-drinking holiday - we've decided to debunk some of those myths.
Skye Gould/Tech Insider
We got in touch with Sheri Jewhurst and Xavier Jirau, respectively the "dictator" and scientific advisor for Brooklyn homebrew club The Brewminaries, to find the truth about some of the most common myths about beer.
On each card below, the myth is listed first, with the truth below. How many did you already know?
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days