7 of the world's most incredible new buildings in 2019, according to architects
- Dezeen is an architecture and design website. As part of its second annual Dezeen Awards, the site is taking a look at some of the best new architecture and design projects from around the world.
- This year, 267 architecture projects from around the world made the 2019 longlist for Dezeen Awards.
- The list features everything from an arts center made up of white aluminum boxes to a residential building shaped like a wave.
- Business Insider compiled a list of seven of the architecture projects that made the longlist.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
From a Danish housing complex shaped like a wave to an arts center in Dubai that's made up of white aluminum boxes, there's some fascinating architecture to be found around the world.
The Dezeen Awards are currently in the process of naming the architecture project of the year. To do so, its team of judges has to narrow down the 267 architectural projects that made the 2019 longlist.According to its website, Dezeen - an architecture and design site - received over 4,500 applicants from 87 different countries; of those, 267 architecture projects made the first cut.
The judges are made up of industry leaders including Frida Escobedo, Sou Fujimoto, Doriana Fuksas and Winy Maas. In September, they will announce a shortlist; from there, they will reveal the winner in October.
Business Insider has compiled a list of seven of the 267 architectural projects that made the longlist. The list is presented in no particular order.
Keeping reading for a look at the projects.