7 secrets about working at Victoria's Secret, according to employees
- Working for Victoria's Secret has lots of perks.
- But it also means working long hours and dealing with unpleasant people.
- Here are things you didn't know about what it is like working at Victoria's Secret.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Victoria's Secret has been a popular lingerie store for decades, offering up a colorful array of underwear, bras, loungewear, activewear, and swimwear.Even if you've never shopped there personally, you've likely seen the catalogs, or at least heard of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, an annual televised event.Advertisement
But over the last few years, Victoria's Secret sales have been declining rapidly, and CEO Jan Singer stepped down in November 2018. Many consumers can't help but wonder what goes on behind the scenes, both in corporate offices and in everyday stores with employees.
Here's a look at some secrets from Victoria's Secret employees on what it's really like to work there:
Employees might be talking about you on their headsets.
They are trained to sell you a 'sister size' if they don't have your size.Advertisement
Employees can expect to be on call much of the time.
They aren't allowed to stop anyone from shoplifting.Advertisement
Employees can spot the male customers who are cheaters.
Many are not big fans of the panty bar.Advertisement
Employees can get free or discounted merchandise.
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker
- IndusInd bank acquires more than 7% stake in both Eveready and Mc Leod Russel