7 Things You Need To Know About Social Media Strategy For Better Brand Engagement
AdvertisementMany brands across the globe have jumped on the
This article will sum up the essentials of
1. Hire a specialist.
Whether you believe it or not, conventional marketers are not a good option when it comes to social media planning and execution. I have seen some great brands suffer and lose their brand reputation irrecoverably due to dismal social media strategy. But that mostly happens because people are lacking in basic social media skills at the execution level. Yes, you need to hire a
Sound SEO/SEM knowledge
Technical skills: Well-versed in different promotional tools used across social networking sites and ability to use tools like
2. Decouple social media from other media planning.
Many great brands have not succeeded across
3. Don’t sell on social media; engage and create awareness.
Digital advertising KPIs like CPC/CPD or
4. Engage, educate & evolve your customers.
AdvertisementIt is widely believed that social media is the best platform for customer interaction. Overall,
5. Define social media KPIs.
6. Have a proactive
Your online reputation is as sacrosanct as your brand image. Any erroneous post, racial comment, any content that is publically enraging may lead to bitter reactions. In such cases, you must be proactive as you take responsibilities, apologise, give proper justifications and be honest in your response. Not doing so will harm you manifold than you can imagine.
7. Be prepared, stay alert.
Finally, there is no rule of thumb for social media promotion. It varies for different industries and key factors such as the nature of your brand, budget, campaign objective and target audience impact every campaign. So it is imperative for brand managers to proactively plan social media strategies and constantly review them for bigger
About the author: Kamlesh Dixit is co-founder of Leo9 Studio and an experienced digital & social media professional. He enables global brands to build digital properties and advises organisations on how to enhance their digital and social media revenues.
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns