7 things you never knew people could be allergic to - and the insane ways they cope
Wathiq Khuzaie / Stringer / Getty Images
We're all familiar with allergies - in the US, approximately 30% of adults and 40% of children suffer from them, and they are unfortunately getting worse for many.
These reactions are triggered by immune system responses to substances that are generally considered harmless. Symptoms range from itchy eyes and runny noses to skin hives to life-threatening, throat-closing anaphylaxis.
Most people are aware of common allergens like pollen, peanuts, dogs, and cats. But allergy and immunology specialists sometimes encounter more mysterious allergies.
Here are some of the strangest and rarest allergies doctors encounter - and how patients with these conditions try to cope.
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Thums Up's latest ad celebrates the grit and determination of Indian fast bowler Mohammad Siraj
- This brand is airing ads made on PPT during IPL to convey the importance of saving money
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Buying support pushes equities higher; ONGC, UPL, Bajaj Finance, JSW Steel rise
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh