8 awesome innovations in Elon Musk's Gigafactory
Tesla finally revealed its first mass market car, the Model 3, last month.
The Model 3, which is expected to be delivered by the end of 2017, is key to helping Tesla accomplish it's goal of producing 500,000 cars per year by 2020.
But for Tesla to produce that many cars, it will need to make a lot of batteries, which is why the company is working to complete its giant battery plant called the Gigafactory.
"In order to produce half a million cars a year, we would basically need to absorb the entire world's lithium ion production. That is why we are building the Gigafactory. This is a vital element," CEO Elon Musk said last month at the Model 3 event.
The Gigafactory, which is located in Sparks, Nevada, is scheduled to be finished by 2020 and will produce more lithium ion batteries than all other lithium battery factories in the world combined. But it's size isn't the only thing that's impressive.
Here's a look at some of the Gigafactory's coolest features.
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector