8 reasons why 'Apex Legends' is the best Battle Royale game available
"Apex Legends/Electronic Arts
- Two months after its surprise launch, "Apex Legends" continues to set the standard for the wildly popular - and wildly competitive - Battle Royale game genre.
- It is, by far, the best-playing Battle Royale game available today.
- As a testament to its success, "Fortnite" has begun lifting ideas from "Apex Legends."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It's 1 a.m. again, and I'm wearily crawling into bed hours after my partner.This is the effect of "Apex Legends" on my life - the latest major Battle Royale game to demand the attention of tens of millions of players. Since "Apex Legends" arrived in early February, it's become the standard background game in my life.Advertisement
Unlike "Fortnite" or "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds," "Apex Legends" has its hooks in me deep and I don't foresee them letting go anytime soon. Here's why:
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
1. "Apex Legends" feels better to play, from gunplay to movement to strategy, than any other Battle Royale game available.
2. It's a tremendously detailed game, despite being straightforward and accessible to anyone.Advertisement
3. The way players can interact with the extremely detailed world in "Apex Legends" is a testament to its excellent world design.
4. "Apex Legends" is the evolution of Battle Royale — every other game in the genre feels old by comparison.Advertisement
5. The ping system!
6. It's the best shooter of any Battle Royale game — shooting specifically.Advertisement
7. Since each Legend has their own abilities, learning how to mix those abilities with your friends is a blast.
8. Playing with friends is critical, and makes the game so much more enjoyable.Advertisement
"Apex Legends" is a free-to-play game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. If you haven't seen it in action yet, check it out right here:
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30
- September two-wheeler sales expectations — Hero MotoCorp expected to outperform Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor