8 reasons you should buy Apple's most basic iPad instead of an iPad Pro
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Apple currently sells four iPad models: the iPad Mini 4, the iPad, and two versions of the iPad Pro.
Unless you're into the "mini" form factor, though, most people will probably choose between the normal 9.7-inch iPad with the two iPad Pro models.Advertisement
1. Price is the most important consideration for many people — and the basic iPad looks highly appealing here
2. The iPad Pro has new display technology, but the standard iPad display is still incredibly high quality.Advertisement
3. The only accessory the 9.7-inch iPad can't connect with is Apple's Smart Keyboard, but you're not missing anything special there.
4. The 9.7-inch iPad display is a classic for a reason: Bigger screens aren't always better when it comes to tablets.Advertisement
5. The iPad Pro models have better cameras — you can shoot videos in 4K, and record in super-slow motion in 240 frames per second — but how often are you going to be filming videos with an iPad?
6. The iPad Pro models have better FaceTime cameras, but you're still getting HD quality on the most basic iPad.Advertisement
7. The basic 9.7-inch iPad and 10.5-inch iPad Pro actually weigh the same, but the 12.9-inch iPad is heavier than both of them.
8. No matter what you buy, you're getting the same experience — iOS — with the iPad Pros having no notable exclusive software features over the basic iPad.Advertisement