9 Amazon deals that aren't worth your money
John Zeedick/AP Photos
- Amazon Prime has more than 100 million members.
- Amazon has become a go-to among its loyal customers for its deals, but they're not always cost efficient.
- Consumer savings expert Jeanette Pavini of Coupons.com revealed to Business Insider what shoppers shouldn't be buying on Amazon - at least, not without a little research first.
- Among the items you can find cheaper elsewhere: Beauty tools, kitchen supplies, and clothes.
Amazon is a powerhouse. It has mastered e-commerce so well that it's acquired 100 million Amazon prime members globally, building a loyal consumer base that enabled it to successfully branch into other industries.
Aside from helpful customer service and speedy shipping, consumers flock to Amazon for its deals and lower prices.
Yet, not everything sold on Amazon is cheaper.
"Oftentimes you can find better prices at other retail outlets than Amazon, especially if there is a sale and a coupon," consumer savings expert Jeanette Pavini of Coupons.com told Business Insider. "It only takes a few minutes to check and compare!"
With more than 20 years of experience, Pavini revealed just what you shouldn't be buying on Amazon - at least, not without a little background check first.
"These are the items that I say before you press buy, do a little research," she said.
Keep reading to check out the deals that aren't always worth your money. All savings comparisons were based on Pavini's research and may be subject to change.
Small kitchen appliances
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani