9 Amazon deals that aren't worth your money
John Zeedick/AP Photos
- Amazon Prime has more than 100 million members.
- Amazon has become a go-to among its loyal customers for its deals, but they're not always cost efficient.
- Consumer savings expert Jeanette Pavini of Coupons.com revealed to Business Insider what shoppers shouldn't be buying on Amazon - at least, not without a little research first.
- Among the items you can find cheaper elsewhere: Beauty tools, kitchen supplies, and clothes.
Amazon is a powerhouse. It has mastered e-commerce so well that it's acquired 100 million Amazon prime members globally, building a loyal consumer base that enabled it to successfully branch into other industries.
Aside from helpful customer service and speedy shipping, consumers flock to Amazon for its deals and lower prices.
Yet, not everything sold on Amazon is cheaper.
"Oftentimes you can find better prices at other retail outlets than Amazon, especially if there is a sale and a coupon," consumer savings expert Jeanette Pavini of Coupons.com told Business Insider. "It only takes a few minutes to check and compare!"
With more than 20 years of experience, Pavini revealed just what you shouldn't be buying on Amazon - at least, not without a little background check first.
"These are the items that I say before you press buy, do a little research," she said.
Keep reading to check out the deals that aren't always worth your money. All savings comparisons were based on Pavini's research and may be subject to change.
Small kitchen appliances
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states