9 high-profile entrepreneurs who have endorsed universal basic income
It might seem odd for tech entrepreneurs to take an interest in income distribution policy. But an increasing number of high-profile Silicon Valley executives are endorsing universal basic income (UBI), a system in which everyone receives a standard amount of money just for being alive.
On the one hand, it's a way to reduce poverty, but tech folks also see it as a way to solve the growing problem of robot automation. That issue hits close to home for many of them, because they are the ones largely driving this robot revolution.
Here are some of the highest-profile entrepreneurs who have endorsed UBI.
Popular on BI
- Hotel industry bounces back after three years into the pandemic
- Driven by the pandemic, Indian e-Grocery market sees exponential growth from 2019-22
- RBI’s MPC could pause rate hikes in April to gauge the impact of hikes so far: SBI Research
- Food prices skyrocket in Pakistan during Ramzan, reeling economic crisis to blame
- Indian housing market stays strong despite global headwinds: Anarock Research