9 reasons you should buy an iPhone 8 instead of an iPhone X
Read full story
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Apple announced three new iPhones this month: the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the high-end iPhone X.
Those three phones start at $699, $799, and $999, respectively.
Based on the relatively diminutive launch-day lines for the iPhone 8, it seems likely that most people are waiting for the release of Apple's high-end iPhone X, which debuts November 3.
That said, there are several reasons it's worth considering an iPhone 8 instead of holding out for the iPhone X:
9. You'll actually be able to find it.
8. If you're upgrading from an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, your old cases will fit.
7. The iPhone X is more expensive than the iPhone 8.
6. The iPhone 8 doesn't have that hideous "notch" at the top of the phone.
5. The front-facing cameras on the iPhone 8 and iPhone X are also identical — save for a few extra features.
4. The iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X have nearly-identical rear cameras.
3. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus support fast charging and wireless charging for the first time — just like the iPhone X.
2. Touch ID is a proven entity. Face ID is not.
1. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are powered by the same brains as the iPhone X.