9 tricks to instantly appear more competent
- Being competent and seeming competent to others are not always the same thing
- There are steps you can take to seem more competent, from speaking more quickly to telling appropriate jokes
- However, don't alter your behavior or appearance seeking competence in any way that makes you uncomfortable or doesn't feel genuine
We trust that you're a highly competent person. But it's normal to sometimes feel inadequate, especially when you're in a challenging work environment.
When those situations arise, it can help to have a few tricks up your sleeve to make yourself look more competent than you feel at the moment.
Business Insider dug into the scientific literature and pulled out some of the most creative strategies for making yourself appear competent, confident, and professional. Try the ones you like, and see which work for you.
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2