2 striking photos taken just over a year apart show how Greta Thunberg's climate strike inspired millions
- Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old from Sweden, started striking every Friday in August 2018 to demand climate action from world leaders.
- On Friday, millions joined her in cities worldwide in a Global Climate Strike, mostly led by other young people.
- The photos of Thunberg's lonely demonstrations last year and the millions-strong climate marches on Friday show how she's inspired young people across the globe.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
- Read more:
- 12 Gen Zers who skipped school to march across New York for the Global Climate Strike share why this is the most urgent issue of their generation
- Photos show huge climate-change protests around the world, which have spread across continents as millions strike to demand action
- How 16-year-old Greta Thunberg became the face of climate-change activism
- 16-year-old Greta Thunberg is sailing 13 days across the Atlantic to speak at a climate conference in New York. Here's why she won't just dial in