A 12-year-old is gearing up for his freshman year at an Ivy League college
The preteen genius, from Lubbock, Texas, plans to major in engineering, the same field in which both of his parents work."I was excited when I found out I got accepted to Cornell," Shuler told Texas Tech Today. "It is the best choice for me."Advertisement
Perhaps even more astonishingly, if he graduates on time at 16, he will be the youngest student ever to graduate from Cornell.He already seems excited to start his freshman year. "We've been to Cornell a few times, visiting family, and their food is good, which is very important," Shuler told Texas Tech Today.
"I'm also excited to learn new things and make new friends. Cornell will be different, though, especially in the first few weeks as I'll need help to navigate campus and get used to life at school because I've been homeschooled my whole life," he continued.
NOW WATCH: Here's an easy way to unshrink your clothes
- Domestic flights resume after two months: Delhi's first departure is to Pune and Mumbai's first to Patna
- 46 more test COVID positive in Assam, total cases near 400
- Turkey confirms 32 deaths, 1,141 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID: As 2 more test positive, Hamirpur continues to have highest number of cases in HP
- Himachal COVID-19 tally crosses 200 as 18 news cases reported