A 6-year-old boy is making $11 million a year on YouTube reviewing toys
- The 6-year-old Ryan of YouTube's Ryan ToysReview made $11 million in revenue this year from his YouTube account, according to Forbes.
- Surely the envy of elementary school kids worldwide, the adolescent YouTube star reviews new toys in videos that his family produces.
- Ryan ToysReview tied for the eighth spot this year on Forbes' annual list of the highest-earning YouTube accounts.
Ryan, the 6-year-old "host" of Ryan ToysReview, a popular toy-review channel on YouTube, is also reportedly a multi-millionaire.
A family-run YouTube channel, Ryan ToysReview generated around $11 million in pretax income in 2017, according to Forbes' annual list of the highest-earning YouTube celebrities.
The raw estimate of $11 million tied Ryan ToysReview with the YouTube comedy stalwart Smosh for eighth place on the Forbes list.
Last year, The Verge profiled the channel and Ryan's parents, who have shot and produced the account's frequently (nearly daily) released videos since Ryan ToysReview started in March 2015.
The account began when Ryan, then simply a 4-year-old fan of toy-review videos, asked his parents why he couldn't also review toys on YouTube.
Ryan ToysReview started out slowly until a July 2015 video went viral. The video featured Ryan opening and reviewing a "GIANT EGG SURPRISE" box containing over 100 toys from Pixar's "Cars" series. It currently has close to 800 million views.
The channel now tends to review new toys or kids' food products, and the videos usually feature earnest and enthusiastic commentary from Ryan with off-camera guidance from his parents.
According to The Verge, the channel's viewership, which boasts a current audience of 10 million subscribers, translates to around $1 million a month in advertising revenue alone.
Watch this astronomically lucky child review a DIY candy dispenser below:
- Covaxin trial to begin in Bengaluru hospital on Wed
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day