A Chinese company is replacing 90% of its workers with robots
one-third of jobs will be replaced by software, robots, and smart machines by 2025 - and it's already started in southern China.
The South China Morning Post recently reported that Shenzhen Evenwin Precision Technology, a manufacturing company that produces electronics, plans to replace 90% of its 1,800 employees with machines in the near future.The 200 employees not receiving pink slips will take on a new role - overseeing the robotic workforce.
Over the next three years, according to the Post, robots are poised to invade several manufacturing companies in the Pearl River Delta, also known as the "world's workshop" because of its abundance of factories.
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80