A Chinese company is replacing 90% of its workers with robots
one-third of jobs will be replaced by software, robots, and smart machines by 2025 - and it's already started in southern China.
The South China Morning Post recently reported that Shenzhen Evenwin Precision Technology, a manufacturing company that produces electronics, plans to replace 90% of its 1,800 employees with machines in the near future.The 200 employees not receiving pink slips will take on a new role - overseeing the robotic workforce.
Over the next three years, according to the Post, robots are poised to invade several manufacturing companies in the Pearl River Delta, also known as the "world's workshop" because of its abundance of factories.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year